Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Baroque in Cesky Krumlov

 Today was intended to be a chill in the park day. I explored the numerous lane ways again. Cesky is full of talented musical buskers having jam sessions.


As I cut through the palace grounds, I realised some of the other areas were open today (Monday seems to be their closedown day). I signed on for 3 tours that were possibly overpriced. The 1st took me through the top palace floor, the 2nd visited the Baroque Theartre & the final took me through the lower palace floor. I didn't realise I wasn't suppose to take pictures until half way through the 1st tour, oops!!!


There are so many palace castle tours one can see until they begin to blend together. Don't get me wrong, this castles decor is amazing. Oh , you also learn what becomes of all the bears once they pass on! The highlights was being able to walk across the tunnel above the famous bridge & the theatre...there are not enough words to describe how amazing this theatre is! I wish I ignored the rule & took some photos. It is one of only two preserved baroque theatres left in the world (the other is in Sweden). The stage was like something from a dream. We also had the opportunity to see below the stage where they operate the props.

http://www.castle.ckrumlov.cz/docs/en/zamek_5nadvori_bd.xml







No comments:

Post a Comment