Prague has gone by way too fast. I stayed with 2 local guys Jan & Vladimir in a gorgeous converted apartment. It was a former 14th century boarding house central to everything. They finally had their chance tonight to ask away their Aussie questions & they bravely tried their 1st vegimite! They ate their serves even though they didn’t like it. Part humour, curiosity & perhaps not to offend even though I admitted after their 1st bites I didn’t like it either. I was kind enough to warn them to spread it lightly.
I filled in the time with a tradition meal opposite the Astrological Clock. The entree was a local sausage served with horseradish & mustard. The main was goulash with dumplings & homemade lemonade that was served red. A guide had suggested trying a raspberry lemonade if we could find a place in town who serves it. When I tried to ask if it was raspberries with the lemon, we had a lost in translation moment & I settled with the “fruity mix” answer. I also squeeze in half of the ‘Tim Burton’ exhibit.
Day 3 I was finally at the Palace with it completely open to see all the exhibits & climb the South tower. Last time I was here, they were excavating tombs of a king. This time he was formally displayed in one of the exhibits as a cast of the original. I preferred the old site with it’s rawness. On the walk back I visited 2 churches, the Baroque styled St Nicholas & the Our Lady Victorious where the ‘Infant of Jesus’ doll is displayed. It wasn’t as freaky as others have described. As I neared the bridge a storm appeared from nowhere & of course I didn't think I’d need to bring my umbrella. While others sought limited shelter I just went with the flow & walked back to the apartment sharing laughs with locals & tourist either in the same predicament or entertained by mine.













No comments:
Post a Comment