Seriously the world is disturbingly small! During my last Europe trip, I befriended a guy called Doug who grew up several suburbs from me & had worked for a mutual friends business. We ended up having a playful fight in Brugge about who’s fault it was in our mutual friends divorce.
Today on the bus I was sitting with one of the ladies I met when I first joined busabout in Berlin. Through our conversations we realised we had studied at Uni together as well as her travelling companions.!!! *Oh it’s a small world after all*

I arrived in Cesky Krumlov for 2 nights. This community is so small & quaint that I was able to cover all the sights & the neighbourhood in a few hours. Is it worth visiting? Certainly if you are in this part of the world but just be prepared, people are not exaggerating when they say it;s a good place for some chill time. There is a castle with spectacular views & various outdoor activities. Unfortunately for me the water sports appears to be for 2+ people. I’ve contemplated checking out the horse riding but then I’ve only been on a horse once as a child? I chilled in the royal garden beneath some unusually dark trees for a while & realised I can’t remember the last time I allowed myself to zone out watching the leaves move & the clouds pass. Tomorrow may just have to be set aside for some more practise!
The famous bears in the moat
The resident saint in the castle's museum
On the way up the tower
Would you enter a tunnel beneath the palace with a statue of intestines?
The bohemian town is spoiled for choices to eat. I settled on a traditional meal with a waterfront view of the Lazebnicky Most & the Palace. The serves are way to large for my appetite & cooked to perfection.
No comments:
Post a Comment